In our stake conference this week Elder Hammond, of the quorum of the seventy, challenged everyone during this hard economic time, to focus on our blessings. "Count your many blessings name them one by one. Count your blessings see what God hath done." He encouraged us to be more greatful and show more gratitude for what we have and not focus on what we don't have and how hard life is right now. So I thought for this post I would make a list of blessings that I'm so greatful to have.
1. My Savior. I feel so blessed to have the knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life! I'm thankful for the atonement and the opportunity I have to prove myself worthy to be with him again. I'm not perfect and I'm greatful that he is forgiving and helps me to forgive.
2. My Eternal Companion, Brian. I'm so blessed to have him in my life. I'm glad that he is willing to accept me for who I am and accept ALL my faults! I'm thankful that we are able to raise our family together and to continue our union in Heaven. He is a wonderful father to our children.
3. My son Jared. He is such a good boy. I'm blessed to have him as my son. I enjoy watching him grow and am so blessed to be his mother. He is exactly what I would want in a son if I got to choose. I'm so proud of him and all that he has set his eyes on for the future. His priesthood blesses our home. He is a good example to our girls of a worthy priesthood holder.
4. My girl Kali. She is a blessing of joy in our life. From the time Kali was little she has had a carefree outlook on life. She has grown in to a strong young lady right in front of our eyes. She brings a happy countenance to our home.
5. My girl Laryssa. She is a good girl who loves to do things with us and help wherever she can. She is quick to obey. She doesn't let things get in her way when she sets her mind to doing something. We are blessed to have her in our home.
6. My baby Maryn. She is a blessing of love in our home. She loves to help and be a part of whatever is happening. She enjoys snuggling up on the couch or sitting on your lap at a game. She is a happy girl. We are glad we have her in our home.
7. My parents. I'm greatful for my parents and for the way they raised me. I learned many important lessons and life skills from my parents. My parents were there for me when I needed them. I'm proud to be their daughter.
8. My Grandma & Grandpa Duffin. I am so blessed to still have them in my life! I'm blessed that my children get to have them in their life. We live close to them and get to spend time with them that I cherish!
9. My Siblings. I'm blessed to live close to my sisters and get to spend time with them. I love our trips to town and spending time together. I forget the bond that sisters can have! I wish my brother lived closer so that we could spend more time together. I have lots of wonderful memories spent with my brother, mostly of him helping me and doing things for me. I wish I could return the favors!
10. Friends. I am always amazed at how much joy a friend can bring into my life. It is definately true that women need other women in their life!
Boy it's amazing how many blessings we have. I feel like I just mentioned my largest blessings and don't want to take pages listing the little everyday blessings. Maybe I'll start a weekly blessing post. I'm so greatful for all that I have and enjoy each day!
2 comments:
I love Elder Hammond! He is a very special friend. I took his Teaching of the Living Prophets class the summer before I got married. He is also my dentist. He is a very special man and very inspiring. That was so great to read your post.
It was fun to see you after conference. I am thankful for my friendship with you. (Even if we are in different stakes!)
Post a Comment