
This is a picture of my Grandpa Duffin along side his Great Grandfather Isaac Duffin's headstone in Toquerville, UT. Kali and I took my grandparents down to St. George to see my cousin Grace Fortney for her high school graduation. It was a neat trip. My Grandpa showed us some of his ancestors history. Kali is named after my Grandpa Duffin's Grandmother Lydia Adaline. (Kali Adaline) Grandma Lydia was raised in Pinto, UT just outside of St. George. We drove by the location. It was named Pinto because of the color variety in the rock formations. Kali & I have read some of her history. Grandma Lydia travelled for 2 days along with her brother and his fiance to be wed in the St. George temple. Only the two couples were there at their wedding, then they travelled back home to their reception.
It was neat to see the tears well up in my Grandpa's eyes as we located his Great Grandfather's headstone. You could tell that it meant a lot to him. It was also neat because Kali is his Great Granddaughter and that represented 7 generations! I greatly appreciate the dedication my ancestors gave to the gospel so that I could have it today!

What a beautiful WHITE temple! Amazing that it is almost 140 years old.

We took some pictures of Kali at the temple for her keepsake. It's fun to hear her say after she sees one of these magnificent buildings, "Mom, I think I want to get married in this temple." It will be neat to see which one she does choose to be wed in.

"I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE, I'LL GO INSIDE SOMEDAY"
No comments:
Post a Comment