This is where we post about life and sometimes are enjoying life too much to post.

Monday, November 4, 2013

Seasons

Ecclesiastes 3:1 To every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven:


I remember my Grandma Duffin always telling me that there is a time and a season for everything. I remember this most during my children's younger years. Those times when you feel like diaper changes, crying babies and nap times would never end. Amazing that somehow a LONG time ago that season ended. I remember hearing "your children will be grown before you know it". I didn't feel that life was going very fast at times. Somehow I am now entering a whole new season and I want to cry. Jared turned 18 in September and I cried multiple times throughout the day. Reality hit that our lives would change DRASTICALLY in the next few years. I cried when he went to kindergarten, it was hard because our home was missing someone during the day and it didn't feel right to have someone gone. When Kali went the next year it wasn't too bad because at least they had each other at the bus stop and at school. Now we are at the other end of the spectrum and they are finishing school. So I cry again.

My babies at 6 months old. This is one of my favorite ages!

   


I love the feeling of everyone being home at night and knowing that I know where all of my children are. They are safe with me. I don't want that to change. I love the bonds my children have formed with each other. I enjoy watching them listen to each other and helping each other. I don't EVER want that to change.



Jared is getting ready to submit his mission papers. I am very excited for him, but I also realize that this is only the beginning of changes for our family. While Jared is gone for two years: Kali will graduate, Laryssa will be a Senior, and Maryn will be a Freshman. Life will never be the same again. I thought I liked seasons, maybe I don't. :)

1 comment:

D'Neill said...

DITTO!
While I'm not quite there yet, I know I will blink my eyes and it will be here. I'm starting into that season of having older kids and not having babies anymore - such a strange feeling watching the young moms with babies and thinking "they probably think I'm that OLD mom!" Ugh! Miss you!!