Martin's Cove Trek
June 7th - 11th
Brian's relative Lars Madsen froze to death close to Devil's Gate while caring for the cattle.
(Kali is in the red and white dress)
We weren't able to cross because the waters were too high.
(We lived through the worst rain storms I've ever seen in my life!)
This is Laryssa's family during the "Women's Pull"
She was part of the Wright family with 4 little kids.
Our entire experience consisted of 22 miles of walking/cart pushing.
I'm not sure how to put in to words how neat of an experience this was. The Spirit of Martin's Cove was magnificent! The pictures just don't give the same feeling as being there. Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. I can't express the love and admiration I have for those saints who had faith in their God enough to follow the prophets call to gather to Zion, even if it cost them their life or the lives of their loved ones. They gave up so much in order to gain what really matters most. They had a testimony of their Savior and were willing to give all they have to follow his living prophet. I pray that my testimony and love for my Savior will lead me where ever I am called.
1 comment:
Looks like an incredible experience. What a great thing to do with your family and ward.
Melanie
Post a Comment